You see, I’m actually quite shy when it comes to sharing photos of myself. I’m always ducking away from the camera at events, and dread getting tagged in any photos on Facebook. In launching Informed Style, I knew that I’d have to get over that – so have given myself a giant push (well, it’s more of a kick in the butt) to get over myself, figure out how to embrace my un-photogenic self, and put something out there for the world to see.
And being selected for the LALM, for a post that – gulp – has pictures of me in it…well that gives me a boost of confidence that lets me know that even if I’m not model thin, and even if I’m working with a point and shoot, and even if my heart is in my throat every time I press ‘publish’ on a post like this…that it’s OK.
I encourage you to check out the rest of this week’s selectionees – and if you’re like me, and are nervous to embrace personal style posts…go for it!
A Stylish Salad
Edited by: Jess of Fresh Jess
This is my last turn as editor for Links a la Mode, and what a treat it’s been! I’ve read hundreds of blog posts and discovered some wonderful reads I would never have found otherwise. The IFB community is a true gem on the interwebz. There’s a salad in this week’s picks that reflect the entire IFB palate: thoughtful perspectives to incite dialogue, a peek into some of fashion’s biggest events, helpful tips to better your blogging or style, and outfit posts that truly reflect personal style. Some posts are fun and cheeky, not taking fashion seriously. Others are passionate and conversational. All of them reflect IFB as a community. IFB is an invaluable resource for networking and furthering our skills as bloggers, and I’m glad to be here. I’m glad you are too.
- Aesthete: Lighten Up, Suzy Menkes
- All Things Kate: Haters Gonna Hate
- Awkward City, Population 1: NYFW ‘13: All of Your Wildest Most Terrible Dreams
- Collections and Volumes: Pushing the Envelope
- Elle Yeah: London Fashion Week Diary A/W ‘13: Day 1
- Fashsin City: Barren Boho
- Fleur d’Elise: 5 Tips for Better Blogging
- I’m an Airhead: I Love You Blair Waldorf
- Informed Style: My Informed Style: What to Wear for Paris Fashion Week
- Laura Valuta: Style Post
- Living After Midnite: Room for Style: Fashion with Complementary Colors
- Lollie Shopping: MAGIC Market Week Las Vegas Recap
- Look Sharp, Sconnie: I Support Swag; Pros and Cons of “C/O”
- Nicole’s Revolution: Fashion Friday – OOTD Kid’s Wear
- Pish Posh Perfect: Well-Organized Closet: Ways to Maximize a Small Space
- Sara Constance: How To: Night and Day Outfit
- Simply Frabulous: Unique, Innovative, Brilliant. Prada AW13
- Spy Girl: Tech Tip: Using Google Images Search with Pinterest
- The Stylist: 15 Fashion Bloggers Then and Now
- Under a Veil: Zoon In: Etro SS 2013 – The Asian Legacy